Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, February 14, 2011


Last weekend, I decided to go to Canandaguia to sit at Starbucks to do work. As I sat at the table, I thought about how many people were around me, each with their own paper cup, plastic lid, and cardboard cozy. To begin with, it was a lot of waste. However, there was something new on each of our cups that was new to me: a printed label that had the customer's name, and beverage on it. The three inch piece of paper hardly had any writing on it, and seemed so unnecessary. Before, Starbucks used a sharpie pen, and this new waste will surely add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment