Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cushy...




The first photo is of a bed rest pillow that was sitting in a garbage bag waiting to be picked up by housekeeping. I was curious as to what prompted the owner to throw it away. Upon further inspection, I found a small seam tear that I was able to sew with three stitches and now it has been put to use in my own room. The other photo is of the box and all of the packing that my new mini fridge (1.7 cubic feet) came in. I had to purchase a new one after my one year old fridge bit the dust. These two photos of the "ripped" pillow and my fridge that arrived in a over padded box to replace only a year old fridge, show just how easy it is for things to be discarded or replaced in our "throw-away society".

No comments:

Post a Comment