Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Garbage on the Road




I stopped and took these two pictures on my way home from Geneva last Friday. In the first photo I had just left campus and was still on route 5 & 20 when I ended up behind this grimy tractor trailer truck, which looks like one that had just come from dumping at the local landfill. I encounter at least 2 or 3 of these dirty trucks every day and that means a lot of trash. In the second photo I was a few minutes outside of town on route 14 and I decided to take a picture of this trash removal company. I have driven this same road about 4 years now as I have commuted to and from school and I hadn’t paid much attention to these buildings or trash bins. However, since garbage is at the top of my list these days I finally noticed that it was there. Now that I’m actually looking, garbage and waste related things seem to be everywhere, which just goes to show that if you’re not thinking about it then you’re not really concerned with it, but if you look close enough it truly is a growing problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment