Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, February 21, 2011

The JPR Store

TAKEN 5/10/10

TAKEN 2/21/11

At the end of last year, some friends from my house and I decided to go shopping at JPR... in their "trash".  As it was the last few days of school... people had thrown out things that they didn't want to take home... things that were "disposable" and could be replaced.  Is a $5 to $10 binder worth throwing out and buying a new one in the fall?  I don't think so... these two binders travel with me to classes every day and would have been sitting in a landfill right now if I hadn't plucked them out of the trash.  This stapler was my best find... great condition and I think it even came with some staples (a $20 value Staples)!  It's amazing what some people choose to throw out!  My school shopping this year was a lot easier & cheeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment