Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, February 13, 2011


The first picture was taken Monday 2/7/11 at HWS. As I was entering Medbury parking lot from the quad I saw this pile of garbage that was collected and set out for pick up. Then, on Friday 2/11/11 I took the second picture. I again was walking into the parking lot to go to my car and saw this truck loaded with bags full of garbage. I commute so I am not on campus for very long each day, therefore I just thought it was interesting that on two different days I happened to run into loads of garbage as I was leaving. It wasn't very much out of sight, however it was ready to be hauled away so I didn't think it would be there for too much longer. I wonder how many more times I'll run into the garbage pickup throughout the semester. I guess we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment