Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Glass


This is the stairwell in my dorm. I was shocked on Monday morning when I walked downstairs on my way to class and discovered this. Not only is it completely inappropriate to shatter glass bottles to begin with but in such a traveled area makes it even worse. These bottles should have been recycled. We actually have a good system in place for recycling glass, so it is just a waste to shatter it and leave it on the floor to probably be thrown out. I'm hoping the person that cleaned it up recycled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment