Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hide and Seek

Since last night was the Superbowl, I was roaming around campus visiting a few of my friends at different places. At one friend's house, I was peeking around her room during halftime (since the half time show was terrible). As my gaze left her TV, I noticed her garbage can in the corner with some glass sticking out of it. Upon further inspection, I saw coffee cups, a glass bottle, a small cardboard box in the bin, all of which are recyclable. I was refused permission to go through her trash and sort it into her recycling bin. "Please don't, thats disgusting" she said with a grimace, "Plus I don't know where my recycling bin is. The school never gave me one".
I think I found it...
After she left to call her grieving Steelers fan father, I quickly sorted through the bins. It took all of two minutes. If we HWS is going to increase our recycling by 10% this semester, we need to at the least find our bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment