Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, March 14, 2011

Water Station

Before I left for spring break I acquired this water station. It was left as trash in the hallway of my dorm since the first day of the semester. I figured it would make a great addition to the room as well as save many plastic bottles. I was astonished that when I pluged it in, and it was in perfect working condition. I couldn't believe that someone would consider this trash! However, I am not complaining now. I am really excited that I will be able to reduce the amount of plastic water bottles I consume. To reduce the amount of 5 gallon water jugs I use, I cut a hole in the top of the jug so I can re-fill the container with water.

1 comment:

  1. If your wondering how much your saving take a look at something i have been doing with my posts.

    http://geographyofgarbage.blogspot.com/2011/03/water-update-and-cardboard.html

    ReplyDelete