Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Casella Landfill



On my way to Bristol the other day I was following a couple of trucks up 5&20 on their way to Casella Landfill in Flint. I turned onto a side road that goes along the east side of the landfill. I had never driven down there and was curious to see the entire scope of the sprawling landfill. I was surprised to see how large the landfill actually is. I stopped on the side of the road along the back side of the landfill and grabbed a couple photos. This one shows the trucks that I was following up the highway get in line with a seemingly never ending caravan of semi trucks hauling garbage to the top of the growing pile of trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment