Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Compost Issue



This week I was getting a lot of things "to go" from the cafe as I spend most of my time working in the library. When I finished my snack items I realized I had to dispose of the cups and boxes that they came in. There was a problem with this. These items are supposedly compostable, but no where in the library, dorms, or classrooms is there a place to compost these sorts of things. What is the point of having compostable "to go" containers, when the only place to compost is in Scandling? I guess they could be recycled, but after examining my coffee cup, there was no recyclable sign on it, and I was forced to throw it into the garbage at the library. Perhaps our school could provide more composting sites on campus. I think it would be a great idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment