Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Green Book


Friday afternoon I received my second Green Book essay exam from my sociology professor. This time the paper booklet did not stand out for the grade on it, but for the large recycle sign posted on the front cover. A fact which I had missed so many times before. The booklet is made with Roaring Springs paper products and claims to use a minimum of 30% post-consumer waste. After some research I found that the company is currently operating at 98% landfill free. In just one year has save 11 million gallons of water and reduced landfill space by 4,690 cubic yards. With this progress the company hopes to achieve zero waste in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment