Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Community Benefits



On my self tour of the outside of Casella Landfill I took some photos of what I think could be examples of community benefits for the town of Seneca for hosting the landfill. I have noticed that since Casella took over the landfill it has grown immensely. In the process of exponential growth Casella has tried to improve the outward presentation of the landfill. They have created a giant berm with a row of trees along 5&20, put a sign up in front of a swamp on the corner of 5&20 and county rd 5, along with various other things. The photo of the buildings shows the new town buildings for the town of Seneca, which I assume Casella assisted with but am not certain. Another thing that I noticed was fire hydrants. It seems a little out of place to have town water in an area that is so far out in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment