Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, March 21, 2011

On my way to Canandaigua the other day I noticed that I was driving by a landfill. I was unable to take any photos of the active face, as it was located away from the road. But, I did get to capture the weighing station, which is in the distance of the picture to the right, and they type of trucks that were dumping garbage, below. The trucks pictured below are only two out of seven that were in line to be weighed and dump garbage. These photos were taken around 10 am. This makes me wonder how many other loads of garbage we taken to the dump that day.


When I researched how much weight a eighteen wheeler can carry I found out that they can hold up to 80,000 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment