Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Laziness and bars


I was once again astounded by the laziness of the people at this school on Thursday morning before break. I was walking downstairs to go to the exam for this class and discovered the lovely image above. I thought it was gross when someone had left their chicken wings in the container on the stairs, but I was hoping that would be a one time thing. I guess I was wrong. Apparently people now think that stairs are trash cans, and it's acceptable to leave their garbage just sitting on the floor. I really don't understand it. All that had to do was walk a few feet down the hall and they could dispose of it properly.



I know that the above image is a little hard to see, but it is a picture that I took at a bar in Rochester over break (the night before St.Patrick's day to be specific). I was sitting by a window with some friends and looked outside. I was pretty amazed by what I saw. This is the trash as well as recycling that was produced by the bar. I wasn't so much surprised at the quantity but by the fact that it was all separated and ready to go. I was impressed that someone had actually taken the time to separate all the cardboard and cans and everything and put them on the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment