Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, March 28, 2011


This was absolutely disgusting. I went to visit a friend, walked into her room and this is what I found. I was totally grossed out. Nothing was separated, there was food rotting right on top. I was absolutely shocked that her room didn't smell. I talked to her about it, and she said that she would try to do better and try to separate this trash. I'm hoping that she actually listens.

I noticed this sitting on a window sill in my dorm, and I was pretty disturbed by it. The liquids in the bottles clearly are not Corona or Poland Springs water. It just brings up the disturbing question, what is in these bottles? You can't tell in the picture, but there was a layer of some sort of dark brown goo on the bottom then it lightens as it goes up. It's just gross and could easily have been disposed of. It didn't have to be left sitting there for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment