Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, April 3, 2011

why arent all bottles redeemable?


After noticing that bottled water is now redeemable for 5 cents each, I took a look at the gatorade bottles and noticed that these arent redeemable for anything. I know many students try and hold onto their cans and bottles that are redeemable for a 5 cent deposit and gatorade bottles wont be making the cut. I am an athlete and it happens that I drink a lot of gatorade and the bottles are no good to me for a deposit. I think if the bottles had a 5 cent deposit, more people would recycle them because they are now worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment