Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Monday, April 4, 2011


When I was done with my drink at Starbucks, I went to throw away my cup in the trash and found that it was filled to the brim with empty cups all which could be recycled. When asking Starbucks if they had a recycling bin they said that since they did not own the building it was not their decision as to whether or not they could have a recycling bin. I was astonished to find on the Starbucks website that out of the 7,529 store locations they have, that only 399 of them have front-of-store recycling available. By 2015, Starbucks would like to implement recycling in all of their company owned stores. Additionally, by 2015, Starbucks would like to serve 25% of their beverages in reusable mugs. An incentive of .10 cents I believe is rewarded each time you reuse a mug!

No comments:

Post a Comment