Above, one of three mounds at the Seneca Meadows Landfill in Waterloo, NY, as seen from the west side of Seneca Lake approximately eight miles away (through a telephoto lens). Credit: Kevin Colton, HWS.

EPA Region Map

EPA Region Map
EPA Region Map

Sunday, April 10, 2011


I took an exam this past Thursday, like the first exam, the professor handed out green books for us to write our essays in. We had to write two essays, and she decided that everyone needed two books to do this. I know that these come from a company that is 98% landfill free (I read it on a previous post), but I still didn't feel good about using two books to write two very short essays. I wrote my first essay and it was 3 pages long (1 front and back and 1 front). I couldn't in good conscience use a completely new book when I still had almost an entire book left. I wrote the second essay and ended up using 3 more pages (a total of 3 pages front and back). I'm hoping the professor didn't mind, but I just couldn't waste that much, even if it is recycled.

I was walking back to my room this morning and saw a clearly destroyed cell phone. I wanted to take a picture and pick it up then dispose of it properly, but my hands were way too full. I continued to my room with my stuff, dropped it off, and returned to grab the phone. By the time I got back, the phone was gone. I'm not sure who took it, but I'm hoping that they dispose of it properly. It was clearly destroyed and had no hope of working again. I hope this person realized this and didn't just throw it away when they noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment